Tuesday, January 23, 2007

We're Surrounded

This morning we decided to check out a new bay...the one just south of the Place of Refuge, Ho'okana Beach. It was recommended to us by our dinner companions last night. The great thing about this place is that there's actually a beach of beautiful fine black sand. Meg and I laid on the sand for over an hour just enjoying the place. We seem to be doing a lot of that. Toward the end of our stay we heard people yelling and pointing, usually meaning they are spotting whales. As I was looking for them I saw a huge flying fish leap out of the water much higher and farther than I've ever seen. Then directly after I saw the tail of the whale lift up and then sink down into the depths. Just a bit after that I saw a breach way out on the horizon, it had lept out so far almost to his tail. Then just after that I saw another pod of whales in another location. It was amazing to see three different pods in totally different locations just from my one little spot on the beach. What a spectacular sight.

We came home and had lunch then while listening to the ipod I fell asleep for hours...pretty much from noon to 5pm. I'm not sure what knocked me out. I awoke to the pleasant sounds of the rainy afternoon and evening. After watching the sunset Meg and I ventured to our grocery store, ChoiceMart and picked up some things we were running out of. We also decided to get a movie, My Super Ex-Girlfriend was what we ended up with.

No comments: