Saturday, January 20, 2007

Letting Go of the Lie

Today I received the Osho deck card "The Burden". The message is to lighten up, and send the tyrant that I carry on my back away. "The moment the lie disappears, truth is there in all its beauty and radiance. In the seeing of the lie it disappears, and what is left is the truth." I want to remember this as I create my retreats.

Today we headed down to the the bay to see if the dolphins had come in. Instead we talked to our newly made human friends. The die hard dolphin people, showing up at 7am (and sometimes earlier) daily. Willy is one of the guys who looks like he's been at the bay for years and it almost seems like he never leaves. He's quite the character with tattooed stars running down the side of his face and drizzling down his neck. He's friendly and informative and an incredible swimmer. He hangs out on the lava wall with his dog, Hoku. Another guy who moved here about a year ago talked to me about his work as a somatic (something) healer and he showed me some of what he does. When he sees a pattern in a persons posture he has them go into it exaggerated and then release it again. It was interesting.

Meg and I decided not to get in the water at the bay and we moved to the Place of Refuge and sat on the lava and sunned ourselves, looking at the crabs and the yellow tangs in the surf. We lazily drifted back home to have breakfast and then later lunch. Kona was next on our agenda and we decided to check out some of the resorts to see their spas and get that feeling of luxury that we are bringing into our lives. I found that I don't resonate with "country club" luxury. I really appreciate a more unique type of luxury, something with flare. It will be interesting to see what I will create with my own unique luxurious life.

We also popped into an open house on Alii Drive and then later looked through the real estate listings and fantasizing about co-owning property together in the area where we're staying. We'll be looking at properties this week.

This was our view from Huggo's on the Rocks. The ship was sailing into the sunset...this one is for you Jon.

No comments: