Monday, January 29, 2007

The Local Hook-up

Today was strangely wonderful. I woke up thinking I would be getting back on the boat to try to see the dolphins again today. I was able to talk to Matisha last night about slipping onto today's tour. He was going to take some people from the cruise ship that came in...who were serendipitously on an Abraham cruise (if you know what that means). I really wanted to go with them and he even said I might be able to help crew and get a little pay. That was just what I was wanting, yah! However, upon getting down to the marina I could see that the surf was high and it didn't seem like a good day for snorkeling...I was right because I got a call from Matisha saying the ship wasn't letting anyone off and they were leaving port because people couldn't use the tenders. Oh well. So I was down in the Kailua-Kona area and thought I'd bum around town a bit and explore.
It was wonderful, every shop I went into people were talkative and wanting to connect. I went to a dive shop and talked to a dive master there about going to see the manta rays again. He was super friendly and helpful and he sold me a snorkel bag. Then I drove around some more, first looking for a motorcycle rental shop that wasn't Harley. I don't think there is one. Then I went down to the main strip...Alii Drive and walked. I met the info woman who was so cute and excited about sitting in front of the ocean and talking to people. She was adorable. She told me about a great drive up the mountain almost to the crater that is paved straight up from Kona. I left there and had breakfast where the bacon was flying off the plates because it was so windy. I ordered 2 eggs over medium with flying bacon and potatos. Luckily my bacon stayed on the plate. I also met a girl at 808 Skate and Surf who was awesome, a fashion designer developing a business plan here and helping 808 develop their label. We exchanged contact information. I then met another woman who I had seen earlier that day at the coffee shop...she was very helpful and interested in my retreat idea and gave me her info and some other people she knew that would be interested in participating. Meg called to tell me she was on her way and was in the process of buying a vacation condo on the Gulf Coast of Texas. I had coffee and then went to Stilletto Monkey and cute shop where the woman sells beautiful shoes. It turns out she's also a painter and into authentic expression so I got her contact info too. It was amazing to meet all these wonderful people. I even got a call from someone interested in doing a dyslexia program back in Santa Cruz when I get back in late Feb. And I got another inquiry about renting my cottage from a friend of mine. Today was a hard day of work, I tell yah! Haha...I love making all this happen in my joy.

It reminds me of my Well Being Card I pulled the other day...The measure of my success is my joy.

I wish I would have brought my camera when I went to pick Meg up at the airport. I stopped in Kona for the sunset and it was amazing. Looking back up at the volcano...I could see the top with just a thin line of clouds cutting it in half, the mountain was lit up in a deep red which reminded of lava...beautiful and rare to see the top of the mountain.

It's nice to have Meg back. We had dinner at Cassandra's Greek restaurant. I was just there with my family a few weeks ago.

No comments: