Friday, February 2, 2007

White Dolphin

This morning I awoke at 5:55am again. That's about the 3rd time I've awoken to see the clock shining 555 at me. It makes me happy...and now I'm noticing other times that make me happy. Like 6:09 or 1:11 or 3:33. They have all been catching my attention as of late. When I looked out on the lanai I could see a bright shining light out in the sky which intrigued me so I got up and found the full moon shining just beyond some cloud cover. I waited for the spectacular unveiling and watched in awe as the moon set before me.

I debated for a bit to wake Meg up and then finally knocked on her door so she could see the magic. It was a good thing since she had been having a bad dream about being lost and in a car with no breaks. She was glad to see the beautiful sight and I asked if she wanted to come down to the bay with me. She said yes and we were off. We stopped first at Kaelekekua Bay, though none of our familiar dolphin friends were mingling about. So we decided to try Two Step. We were alone at Two Step and decided to sit and soak Meg's stubbed toe in the tide pools which were extra high.

As we were sitting there the sun popped over the mountain and lit up the water.

Then we moved on to Ho'okena. Arriving there I saw Susan the psychic and was able to pay her a bit more money for her reading. She was focused on going out to swim and when Meg and I walked out there we soon found out why. The dolphins were there and they were playful. I couldn't resist, even with only one flipper. Meg shot a sequence of me getting into the water...



There were over a hundred dolphins in the water. I saw mating and babies and beautiful leaping. It's incredible to see a pod go by and then look again and see another group come and go and then another and another. I started heading in and a group surrounded me. Inside the pod of about 15-20 there was a beautiful white dolphin. She broke off from the pod and swam to me, then fully circled me...I circled with her...she topped and looked at me again before joining back with her pod and swimming off. Another amazing moment in the Kingdom of Awesome.

This afternoon I was feeling antsy and went back to Ho'okena by myself to eat my lunch. I found a little coral wall that someone had built and sat behind it like it was my altar...I sat looking out into the ocean and took it all in. I then closed my eyes to tune into myself and at the exact moment I opened my eyes again a group of dolphins came up for a breath in front of me. Then I never saw them again.

Tonight Meg, Elfriede, Mikah, and I went to open mic night at Borders Books. At first I was wanting to get out of there, but then some really great people played. It was really nice. Afterward, our island friend John Smith, the photographer from the Bay, and Alfredo, the man in love with Elfriede, came out with us on the town in Kona. Alfredo suggested we go to Huggo's so we went there first. None of us liked it so we went across the street to Dirty Jakes where all the bikers were hanging out. I had a Pina Colada. Meg and Elfriede went home and John, Mikah, and I went to LuLu's upstairs. That was really not happening either. So John suggested we go to the Kava bar just to check it out. We met some Kavaholics who gave us a sip and then we couldn't resist getting a cup. Kava is weird...it's a plant that makes you really mellow and numbs your mouth. I wasn't that into it, but I gave into peer pressure. Mikah met a man from South Africa (originally) who is working as a chemist to create gasoline out of papaya...I think. He was very interesting, and very interested in Mikah, he invited us to ride horses with him. Once he left we met another guy, Jason, who was coming from SF and travelling around with no permanent home. We were also excited to see one of the guys who played earlier from the open mic. He was definitely one of the best players so we were able to give him more props. He invited us over to play with him and his friend. We sat for a very long time and listened to the music, pet the dog and talked. Then Jason said he'd go get his didgeridoo. The other two left by the time Jason came back. But we got a major treat because he did a sound healing on us each...he would put it by different parts of our body and allow the vibration to penetrate. It felt so good.






No comments: