Tuesday, February 6, 2007

So much fun I'm red

Yesterday was probably the best day here yet. I may have a hard time explaining the feeling of joy that each moment brought me. But I'll try.

Meg and I got up a bit late and gradually worked up to going down to Ho'okena, which is fastly becoming my favorite spot of all time. As we sat on the beach feeling lazy and getting ready to take a dip the man we met the day before, Michael, from the singing circle (did I even mention the singing circle?) came walking up the beach with Erin another musician who I had met at another singing circle and who was at the New Thought Center. We waved and they came over to talk to us. It was wonderful reconnecting with them. Erin went for a dip and then Mike asked if we wanted to see his place. I immediately said yes because he had mentioned he lives in Bali bungalows down by the water which had intrigued me from the start. Meg came along and I was so happy to have been invited. On our way to the retreat center Michael noticed how low the tide was and said that it was rare to be able to see the rocks out at the edge of the water. He told us he'd show us the "birthing circles". As we got to some large enclosed lava pools on the edge of the surf Mike pointed down at some perfectly made circles cut into the lava. He said this was a place where Hawaiian women come to birth and the circles were where they put the umbilical cord. There were dozens that we could see, and it seemed an incredible place to give birth and to come into this world. I could see myself coming back to this magical place for my time.

Walking into the retreat center was incredible. This place has the feeling that I want to create in my retreat center. This place is magical, with intent and care placed in every piece of wood and flower blooming. Apparently the owners bought the piece of property in the early 90's after being nervous about the purchase they went out to the edge of the water to contemplate what to do when two whales breached simultaneously and crossed each other. The Hawaiian man selling them the property said this was a sign that they were to have this land. The man constructs and buys the open air buildings in Bali and then brings them over an reconstructs them. There were about five living spaces and a main kitchen and meeting room. The living spaces were made out of Bali temple carvings and stood on stilts. The yoga studio and main living space looking out onto the water and had two 100 year gongs and two 200 year xylophones waiting for someone to sound them. Michael is the caretaker and lives in an equally cute one bedroom hut off to the side with an ocean view. The place was very inspiring and made me see an even higher visual of what I want and how I want to create my space. Here is their website: http://www.yogaadventure.com/ and the different things they offer.

Then we went back to the beach for a dip. As I sat on the beach I cried at the possibilities of life, of inspiration, that I'm becoming more and more aligned with what I'm wanting. I swam for the first time without my wetsuit and it felt great. I was really able to connect with the ocean. It felt free and fun and glorious to swim and play. I stuck close to the reef since there were no dolphins. Then swam toward the other side of the beach to see if I could find a turtle. As I played along and gliding along the bottom I did see a large flat fish with bright blue spots and his two eyes sticking up on top of his head. He was fun to play with for a bit. As I got closer to the other side, sure enough a beautiful turtle was making his way out into the ocean from the shallows. He was about 10 feet under water and I could easily get to his level and glide with him, slowly and comfortably, like we had no where to be but just moving on. Then I just kept swimming out into the bay, alone and free, I thought I could stay there forever. I swam in backwards somersaults over and over. The water felt so good on my skin and the warm sun was perfect so my body temperature didn't drop too low.

Later I joined Meg on the beach and soaked in the rays. She left for the shade and Michael came back around to talk to me. We talked about the retreat center and how inspiring it was for me and how I really want to live in a place with such a high vibration. He then sang me the Hawaiian Dolphin Chant and I joined in at times. Meg joined us again and said she wanted to manifest an umbrella and Michael jumped up and said I have one, I'll go get it. We were amazed at how fast that happened and laughed at life and ourselves. As Michael was leaving I realized I was getting too hot and too hungry to stay out there for too much longer. Meg felt the same way so she caught up to Michael to tell him we were going to go and eat something. And as she ran back to me she said, "I manifested us lunch too!" Michael invited us over to his hut for smoothies, lunch and music making. It was wonderful and he sang us a few songs he had written ("We the people of Hawaii, will remember to take care, appreciate and love the land for we are blessed.") and then he let Meg loose to improvise. She ended up singing a beautiful song of the ocean...smiling dolphins and whales seeing the sea seeing me.

Then it was time for more swimming. We headed back to the water. I went to the bathroom, Meg went to the car, Michael went to the sea. While I was in the bathroom a man yelled out "Jason" and I momentarily got excited that my friend from the other day was just outside. Alas as I walked out he was not there. I headed down to the beach to meet Meg and as I threw my stuff down I see his smiling face just a few feet over rolling in the sand looking at me. We were both so happy to have attracted the other again. He told me the night before he had gone to South Point and they had offered him cuttlefish to eat. I told him about the bathroom just before. It was so nice to see him again. Then I went and swam with Meg for a bit, I tried to teach her how to dive down. We got cold rather quickly and went in.


Meg in her post-magic day bliss


Rare Ho'okena Jason Bird

Sunset at Ho'okena

Jason joined us for the evening. He and I made a fabulous beat soup with lots of veggies and noodles. We also got a rollina...a $10 fruit at the store. Here's a picture.


Even at the beach I could tell that I was getting super red and knew I'd be hurting that night. We found aloe at the store and I continued to slather myself with it all evening. I had a hard time sleeping since I was so burnt and my mind was racing from the full day but finally at around 2am I think I fell back to sleep and didn't wake until morning.

We decided we wanted to get out of this area for a little adventure and Jason recommended we go to 69 Beach which is next to Hapuna which is more tourist travelled. On our drive up we stopped at Sacred Fire, a new agey store and played with their tarot decks and chrystals. The place kind of sucked all our energy and we could really feel it afterward. We ended up stopping at a health food store and having lunch to get our energy back up. Then finally we were off again. The beach was beautiful with trees next to the water and a few large dead branches to play on. We played in the water but couldn't see a lot since it was quite murky. I made a sand castle. Leaving there we travelled on the "high road" back to Kona. It took a long time. We dropped Jason off at home and I went home to rest while Meg set off to go to Trish and Doug's meditation.

No comments: