Thursday, February 1, 2007

Aloha Uhane

I'm waking up earlier and earlier...4:30am today. Serena called me at 7:30am, she confuses me when she calls now because she has a new phone number. It's been nice to keep in touch with so many people back home. I love you all! This morning Meg and I went to breakfast at the Coffee Shack. You might recognize the breakfast we had from the first day. Now it was doubled...Vegan Meg couldn't resist the delicious coconut topped yogurt with mixed fruit in a papaya.

Then we went to ChoiceMart to pick up some groceries. While there I saw this...

I am appalled by Spam sushi.

I spent most of the day with Meg in the house. It rained again and her toe is still needing time to recuperate. I organized my collaging materials, played on the computer, and talked to Meg. We tried to actually go out but it started pouring so we just sunk back into home life.

Later Elfriede called to ask if she could use my computer to check her e-mail. I said sure and went to pick her up. We visited, she updated her blog and we talked. Then after realizing what time it was I asked her if she wanted to go to a full moon toning meditation that Meg had heard about. Unfortunately, Meg couldn't go because she was to be on a conference call with her real estate group during that time. It was odd for her to be giving up a toning for a real estate call, but she seemed to be handling it okay. So Elfriede and I jumped up and drove down to the Place of Refuge to meet the toning circle. It was a wild evening of warm windy clouds and squalls travelling through the area so the woman told us if it started raining hard we'd wrap things up quickly and go on. We sat on the sandy edge of the lava under swaying palms and beside crashing waves. The full moon could not be seen and when the time was right the leader of our group began to invoke the spirits and create sacred space for our circle to be held. I had a nice time playing with my sound and hearing others sounds wrap around mine, it's much like being held by another. I could feel my sounding wrap with the whales and then later with the static electricity of the sky. Beautiful. Later we shared and she told us that we could wrap ourselves in our own arms and say, "Aloha Uhane", "Hello Spirit" to ourselves and all that we meet. It was nice to get warm hugs from yet another wonderful group of people. And then it started to pour again, and it was done.

In invited Elfriede for dinner and to finish her blog so we headed back to our house. Some of you will be surprised to hear that I'm really enjoying doing a lot of the cooking for Meg and I. I haven't been intimidated by having great cooks around...Meg and I have very similar eat styles...and with Meg's new found occupation of "putting her feet up", I've been delighted to do some creation in the kitchen. Last night I made Thai noodles with veggies in a coconut, lime sauce...YUM! I've found it easy to get inspired by all the fresh tastes around here. Everyone loved it. Then we had dutch cookies, which made Elfriede feel right at home. During dinner Elfreide asked about our workshop we'd been planning. I told her we are experimenting with not making anything actually happen and just allowing it to flow. I said we'd still love to do it though some things haven't gotten quite together. As Meg and I started to talk about it we reworked it all at the dinner table and got re inspired about the whole thing. In fact the whole workshop will be fashioned based on the art of allowing and we're not structuring much around it. We will tell the participant that we are doing an experiment...on the cutting edge of our desire of not working hard! Brilliant.

I am learning that all problems resolve themselves. -Well Being Card

No comments: