Sunday, February 4, 2007

Living in the Moment

Well I didn't get to the blog yesterday...I'm sure you're all eagerly awaiting my post. Yesterday morning was another wonderful day in the Bay. Meg and I went down at around 7:30am since Jason from the night before and Mikah were heading down there early for possibly dolphin swimming. When we got there, no one was on deck but there were many cars which meant the possiblity of dolphins was high. We walked out and saw that Jason and Mikah were just heading in. Looking out, there were dolphins and even more exciting for me were the two whales very close in. I said I'm going in! John let me borrow his flippers since I'm still monofinned. We jumped in and got out to the dolphins. It was a beautiful swim with jumping and swimming. There was nothing in particular to report...I never saw the whales, though people reported later that they had swum right under them earlier than I had been there. They said it was incredible with the dolphins swimming around them and the small whales gliding by. I want, more than anything to swim with the whales.

I was in a bit of a funk about some things and wanting some down time to process it all, when my mom called. It was nice to talk to her and she uplifted my mood. "There's nothing more important than I feel good" afterall. We were also discussing collaborating on some possiblities for us and Hawaii. It was fun to think about and will be fun to research a more permanent possiblity for me. I do love it here and am thriving. It was just great to hear my mom and Jon see and affirm how wonderful this place is for me.

Another John had offered me a more permanent loan on fins through Meg. So we decided to head down the road to see our neighbors and get me some fins for better dolphin communing, haha. These people just moved here a year ago from...guess where...Santa Cruz! They are very nice. They found a great 2 bedroom place just down the street from us. They've been fixing it up and it's a great little treasure. He loves houses and land and was excited to hear about all of our possiblities. He was giving us some tips...like, get "Fee Simple" which means you own the land, and that having a little elevation off the water (1000 ft) is quite a bit cooler in the summer. It was nice to talk to someone else who was really entheusiastic about the possiblities here.

Later Meg and I bummed around the house and had a hard time getting motivated to go anywhere. Finally, it was about time for a pot luck we had been invited to so we decided to go to ChoiceMart and pick something up before going down to The Place of Refuge for our next shindig. Driving into ChoiceMart there was Jason the beautiful tall man from the Dance on Wednesday. He was carrying shopping bags and heading to the street for a ride back to his place. We waved but didn't stop and Meg encouraged me to back up and offer a ride. He was happy to take the offer and jumped in saying now he could get some cat food for the homeless cats in Ho'okena. Awe, so sweet. He again had me with his warm embrace and playful presence. We ran in and got some food to take down and asked if he wanted to join us at the potluck. He said of course, so we took him home then headed down. It was fun to see everyone there, but I was distracted by getting to know Jason. As we sat on the lava's edge the dolphins swam by very close and we talked. I was right, he is young but definitely much wiser than his age. He is intuitive and sensitive and playful. When I asked him what his story was he said he was reborn in Hawaii (he is not Hawaiian, apparently that was just my fantasy the other night) a year and a half ago...he is really only 1 and a half years old. I liked that and am now feeling about 19 days old. It was wonderful to have a great example of such a sensative, communicative, open man. He is helping me to refine what I truly want in a partner. The timing was auspicious since this is the exact weekend of the final decision to breakup with Jared and today is our anniversary for getting together too... Looking back one year I'm very pleased at what I've created so far and am loving this moment that I've created. His departing wisdom was, "Stay in the moment, it's a good one."

This morning we had breakfast and Meg suggested we go to the New Thought Center in town. The New Thought movement is the same teaching principals as Inner Light, my church in Santa Cruz. As I suspected, nothing will be able to beat Inner Light. What Reverend Debrah has created there is truly amazing.

Oh, during our down time yesterday we found a theme song for our trip...
Unwritten by Natasha Bedingfield

I am unwritten, can't read my mind, I'm undefined
I'm just beginning, the pen's in my hand, ending unplanned

Staring at the blank page before you
Open up the dirty window
Let the sun illuminate the words that you could not find

Reaching for something in the distance
So close you can almost taste it
Release your inhibitions
Feel the rain on your skin
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins
The rest is still unwritten
(this is just the beginning, there are more lyrics)

More to come later as my day unfolds...

No comments: