Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Rebirth

Today Meg and I woke up early and went down to Kealekekua Bay. The dolphins were there and we jumped in. It was an amazing morning and I felt more at home with them than I've felt on this trip. I dove down to play with them and swam along side their beautiful bodies. Some were playing the leaf game where they swim with a leaf on one of their flippers. Others were dragging each other with hooked flippers. I saw two swimming belly to belly and another pooped right in front of me. Thanks! I was also very close to a few that were diving down and then jumping up. It was wonderful to be so close to a very playful one. At the very end all of them, about 60, got very excited and started swimming very fast, they huddled together and just headed out, surfacing and swimming. It was like they said, last one to the point is a rotten egg! Then they were gone, not a dolphin left in the bay. The humans were left laughing in wonderment at what the dolphins might know that we did not.

Maaike, pronounced Mikah, came with us to Ho'okena. She had never been and we wanted to show her the magical place. I found a perfect little sand love seat to sit in and watch the ocean. Then we walked back over the lava to see the birthing circles. Maaike said she wanted to be a mid-wife. As we sat there soaking in the power of the place I decided I wanted to lay in the waters where the babies were born. The moss was soft and the water warm. I could feel the movement of the tide as the wave filled my little birthing pool with fresh water. Feeling just a few minutes old I emerged a new being into this physical world.

Maaike joined us for lunch and was able to check her e-mail from here. We had a nice visit then I took her home. I visited K Bay for just a bit and now have been catching up on this blog for what seems like hours now. I hope I don't fall behind again because it's so hard to catch up. Whew!

Tonight dinner with Elfriede then the TrancenDance again. Horray!

No comments: