Monday, October 15, 2007

Misha...You are an Ironman!

okay well not really...but it is fun to say.

If you haven't noticed, I haven't been around very much this past week. I've been busy! Here's a quick run down...

- I start my job at the school. It's been very good. 3 hours a day, a 1/2 hour with each kid...teaching ABC's and sounds...no problem. Total cuties.

- I've also been working at Kona Boys a bit so that's taken up a bunch of my time. Tours are still going great...just the other day I saw that huge...I mean HUGE eel again. That guy is awesome.

- This last weekend I was paid to ride my motorcycle around in the Ironman Triathlon and take a cameraman on the back of my bike to film the race. WOW! It was awesome.

I got matched with a French guy who was filming for Chanel 4 on British TV. Apparently they do a 30 minute adventure based show. We were following two particular racers...a man who is a pro athlete and came in 31 or 32nd in the race. And a woman who is an accountant and I think they were covering her as a special interest piece. I don't know her place but she finished at about 8pm. So it was a long day for us.


Eric drinking chicken broth.


Here is Eric wondering where Carolyn is...


Here he is filming her going through the water station.


Here we are having a beer after a long day.

My job was to ride slowly along the side of the bicycle riders no closer than 10 feet but keeping up with them. Then we would go far up and then wait for our rider to catch us and he would film. Then we'd ride up again. It was amazing. He would stand up on the back or lean over the side to get low shots. I was very tired by the end of the day.

The day before I had gone to the orientation for the riders and they said I really needed to change out my front tire...which I knew but couldn't find someone to actually switch it out for me. But one of the guys, Ray, said he would do it for me that night. We ended up switching it out in the lobby of the Outrigger.




You can see the lobby check-in desk down at the end of the photo.

I was able to take Ray out for dinner on Sunday night. He turned out to be one the coolest guys I've met in a long time. We had a great time at the Kava Bar. He went back to Denver today.

No comments: