Friday, October 5, 2007

It's Working!

My little experiment is working. I've definitely been able to catch my thoughts that are not helpful to me and move them to better feeling thoughts and that has brought me more and more wonderful things coming. For example, I've been having too much fun in the last couple of days to even write in my blog...that's a good sign. However, I do want to keep this up as a daily discipline since I know this is one of the most powerful ways I create my reality.

So, let's see, on Wednesday I took Dana, my new house mate, to the airport so I had access to her car on the way back. I decided I'd stop a few places along the way to see if I could find some larger items that I can't usually pick up when I'm on the motorcycle. So I ended up finding an awesome art store where I picked up some collaging supplies. I also stopped by K-Mart for the first time. There I found a few things I was looking for including a small bookshelf, but the big jackpot was when I stopped by Ross and found a mirror and a stool that I had been looking for. And the stool was the same as I had just seen in a furniture store that cost $77 on sale and at Ross it was $30. I love it. I was also able to stop at the fabric store and get some thread for my sewing machine. All this seems quite mundane I know, but having access to the car and then finding everything I have been needing for awhile was a miracle.



I also started my yoga practice which felt really good. Day two of yoga I was actually sore in my arms since I had also gone kayaking that day too. I had a nice tour with a couple and I took some pictures while we were out. I also got a new shirt from Harry...the guy who runs the kayak shop at the water. It was a little bigger than I like so it gave me the first opportunity to use my sewing machine. Horray, now I have a shirt that I actually like.

I also spent a lot of time getting ideas for things I want to make off the internet yesterday. I think I actually was dreaming about all the stuff I want to sew. I woke up with an idea for a dress...I am getting excited about this!

I also got a call from the coordinator for the Iron Man photographers and it looks like I will get to ride and international photographer around on the back of my bike during the Iron Man. That's happening on October 13th. I'm pretty freaking excited about that.

I had dinner with Keith, Nicole and Aleia and had a very nice time connecting with them. They would like me to join them at the Leadership Boot Camp in late November. It sounds exciting and I'd like to check into it more. Maybe I'll just be traveling all of November. That would be fun.

I finalized my tickets for Los Angeles and have talked to Emilie so we'll get to visit quite a bit while I'm there.

The other day I choose a card from the Osho deck...it was Adventure:

Adventure really has nothing to do with plans and maps and programs and organization. The Page of Rainbows represents a quality that can come to us anywhere - at home or in the office, in the wilderness or in the city, in a creative project or in our relationships with others. Whenever we move into the new and unknown with the trusting spirit of a child, innocent and open and vulnerable, even the smallest things of life can become the greatest adventure.

I love that card.


This is what happens when I work...dolphins jump out of the water in celebration of seeing me!

No comments: