Sunday, April 1, 2007

Final Days

Two days until I leave for the Big Island. I am watching the sunrise over the Boardwalk in Santa Cruz. Someone is testing the rides and one by one they illuminate in the dark of the morning like fireworks. Then as night shifts into morning the sky puts on another show of sky blue and magenta...my colors.

I am at the Coast Hotel on Cowell's Beach, it's a beautiful final view of Santa Cruz. Almost everything is complete with my life here. There is only taxes and maybe shuffling a few final things around in suit cases and boxes. Oh the things. The never ending things. Letting most everything go has been easy...and now it almost seems like I could just let it all go...why am I even holding on to these few final items. What do these things mean? Are they what I really need? I have a sense that I don't really know what I will really need in my new life.

It is interesting to see what is kept when almost all has been shedded. The motorcycle, the art supplies, the clothing...so much clothing, the computer, the art, the books. I wonder what I'm holding onto with these things. Is it the truth of who I am? Or is it just the final grasping of what I used to be? It's all alright, it's all okay...it's all just my journey...my adventure.

No comments: